GATE 2018: Registrations to begin from September 1
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 online application process will commence on September 1 on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitg.ac.in
The last date for submission of online application would be October 5.
The GATE 2018 will be held by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT G) on February 3, February 4 and February 10, February 11, 2018.
How to apply for GATE 2018:
- Go to the official website, gate.iitg.ac.in
- Click on relevant link
- Enter all the required details in prescribed format
- Click to submit
BE/BTech/BPharm: Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology (Four years after 10+2 or three years after BSc/diploma in engineering/technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
BArch: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)
BSc (Research)/BS: Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)
MSc/MA/MCA or equivalent: Master’s degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent
Int. ME/MTech (Post-BSc): Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programmes in engineering/technology (Four year programme)
Int. ME/MTech or dual degree (after diploma or 10+2): Integrated Master’s degree programme or dual degree programme in engineering / technology (Five year programme)
Int. MSc/Int BS-MS: Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./ M. S. Programme
Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.): BE/BTech/BArch equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognised by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
There is no age limit for GATE 2018.
- GATE online application processing system (GOAPS) website opens for enrolment, application filling, application submission: September 1
- Last date for submission of online application through website: October 5
- Last date for request for change in the choice of examination city via GOAPS login: November 17
- Availability of admit card on the online application interface for printing: January 5
- GATE 2018 online examination dates: February 3, February 4 and February 10, February 11, 2018
- Announcement of results on the online application website: March 17, 2018
GATE is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. The exam is conducted for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g. ME, MTech, direct PhD) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies. The scores may also be used by public and private sector.
For more details, candidates can visit the official website.gate.iitg.ac.in