The Bihar Public Service Commission came into existence from April 1, 1949, after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, in accordance with sub-section (1) of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935, as adapted. It is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
The commission initially began its functioning for the State of Bihar with its headquarters at Ranchi. The State Government decided to shift the headquarters of the Commission from Ranchi to Patna and it was finally shifted to Patna on March 1, 1951.
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released the results of 60th to 62nd Common Combined (Preliminary) Competitive Examination 2017 on the official website, the link for which is bpsc.bih.nic.in
The commission conducted the preliminary examination in the month of February.
Steps to check BPSC Result 2017:
- Go to the official website, bpsc.bih.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘Results: 60th to 62nd Common Combined (Preliminary) Competitive Examination’
- A PDF file containing the roll numbers of all the qualified candidates will be displayed
- Download the same and take print out of it for future use
- As reported, the examination was held across 390 centers in 35 different districts.